About Urban Storage Fund
Headquartered in Pennsylvania with regional development offices in Miami FL, Austin TX and New York City, Urban Storage Fund is a privately owned real estate company that is rapidly becoming one of the nation’s most active developers of self-storage product. The fund specializes in the investment, development and construction of institutional quality self-storage product and its strategic growth is built on a foundation of expert market knowledge, a commitment to the highest standards of construction and a long track record of successful developments. After its initial formation, Urban Storage Fund formed a joint venture with a large institutional pension fund investor to execute its business plan in the metropolitan New York market. The fund is currently focused on building out a core storage portfolio throughout New York City, Miami, Boston and Washington DC.
Urban Storage Fund History
Click date to open tab
- Urban Storage Fund (Urban) is formed
- Urban closes on its first two properties – New York and South Florida
- Urban closes on third property in New York
- Design & Entitlement processes ongoing for the fund’s initial properties.
Urban Storage Fund forms a joint venture partnership with pension fund to develop $100 million of self storage in the metro-New York market.
The Urban acquires three additional properties in Metro New York area.
Construction commences on the first 2 metro NY projects.
- Urban commences construction on its next four projects
- The Urban closes two additional property purchases in New York and New Jersey